thebookvortex

The Book Vortex

“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.”

Let's talk about City of Bones

City of Bones  - Cassandra Clare

So I haven't been reading a lot and because of that I'm starting to fall behind on my reading challenge. Well not really behind because I'm still 4 books ahead, but anyway. I just haven't been feeling up to reading any of the books that I put on my Currently Reading shelf. I'm not particularly enjoying any of them so I guess I don't feel motivated enough.

Anyways, I've been hearing a lot of talk about the movie City of Bones and I really want to read the book but if I'm going to start another sequel and not finish it, I think my head will explode. I started reading the bad reviews to see if there's something wrong with this book that would actually bother me - interesting fact: almost all of my friends on Goodreads rated this book 3 stars or less and that raises a flag for me. So, I did a little research and apparently there has been some plagiarism and of course everything goes back to some Draco Trilogy I haven't heard of before - some HP fan I am, I know. People say that the writing is bad, that means it's even worse in my native language so no need to bother with the translated version.

I don't know what to do, I guess I'll be re-reading some Hannibal books and be waiting for my desire to finish Insurgent and Sea of monsters to come back.

Happy reading and oh, if you happen to read City of Bones - fill me in!