thebookvortex

The Book Vortex

“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.”

Day 19

So... favorite book turned into a movie. My book of choice is not yet a movie, but I think they're going to start filming it this month so it's on the way to becoming one.

Actually I'm re-reading it at the moment and I've been doing a lot of that lately as I don't know whether or not I should abandon the Sookie Stackhouse series. It's kind of weird, now that I'm thinking about it I'm definitely having a love-hate relationship with it - at times I like it really much aaand then I sober up and realize that it's crap, it is poorly written, Sookie's horny all the time (which would be O.K. if she wouldn't insist she's a woman of Jesus or whatever), I've been reading it in English and also in my native language (that is Romanian) - the translation is Shit (yes, with capitol S) while the original version is a little bit better, but still leaves a lot to be desired. I'm very disappointed in it.

I'm also re-reading Feed by Mira Grant and when I come home from my vacation I think I'm going to start reading The Last of Us. I actually recommend this to you without even reading it. It's a great story and nothing will convince me otherwise. I'm in love with the game too, I've seen gameplay and walkthroughs so I'm planning on playing it sooner or later.

So back to my favorite book turned into a movie...

john green

I love John Green, he's truly a great writer and I'm a big fan. I wholeheartedly recommend this one.